Illumia Trend is a leading Power and Gas Trading Company that has a strong presence in Europe and is expanding its business globally.
We’re hiring for an Energy Gas Trader for our Oil & Gas Desk to increase and improve our trading activity on energy markets with focus on natural gas.
You will be working in a dynamic trading company with covering several energy products (gas, power, coal, oil, emission) with a defined PL and risk management / compliance rules.
Main duties and responsibilities of role
- Develop and execute short / medium trading strategies on main energy gas markets
- Analyze energy markets and ability to translate this into a proper trading strategy
- Obtain expert understanding of the key drivers of the Gas Market
- Propension to work closely with Analysis and IT Desk to improve / implement new trading strategies
- Strong knowledge of physical gas market (transport, supply, LNG)
- Proactivity in new opportunity trading proposal including cross commodity trading (OIL, CO2, COAL)
- Educated to Degree level in Finance, Maths, Satistical, or similar. MSc is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of quantitative analysis
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (VBA is a plus)
- Experience on financial / energy markets analysis and comprehension
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem-solving approach
- Result-orientated mindset with focus on trading strategy execution
- Proprietary trading in European Gas Markets – maximizing PnL within Risk and Compliance framework
- Proven track record on PL trading activity and related risk management
Additional preferred skills
- A personal interest in financial markets, renewables, energy systems and trading
- Good IT skills: Python, VBA, Excel, R, C++ or similar coding languages are a plus
Minimum 2 years of experience energy trading with advanced knowledge of European Gas markets